COVID-19 Information / Updates
Cimarron Pointe Care Center wants you to know that the safety and wellbeing of our residents is our top priority. We are doing everything we can to limit the spread of COVID-19, this includes performing more frequent screenings with our residents for an expanded list of symptoms related to COVID-19 and enhanced infection control precautions. Screening and monitoring is also in place for staff multiple times a day. Restrictions are in place for no visitation and entry of any non-essential people or products is prohibited. We are providing testing to our residents and staff as needed based on current protocols. All communal activities have been postponed. At this time we have had ZERO positive COVID cases in our building. We will update this site with any confirmed cases among residents and staff or three or more residents or staff with new-onset of respiratory symptoms occurring within 72 hours of each other. We will contact you directly if your family member is suspected or diagnosed with COVID-19.
We understand that connecting with family members is incredibly important to our residents. Family members are encouraged to contact our facility Activity Director to connect with our residents through video chat or phone calls. Please contact the facility with any additional questions or an update on the status of your loved one.
Latest Update: 5/12/2020
An active case in our facility triggers the start of what we call “Phase 3” of our management plan. That plan now calls for:
- Active resident cases lead us to either place the infected resident(s) in isolation on a designated unit or send them for hospitalization, depending on severity
- Active employee cases lead us to send the infected employee(s) home for at least 14 days, and we will not allow a return to work without 2 negative tests within 24 hours of each other
- We are performing more frequent screening and monitoring for signs and symptoms of respiratory disease with all our residents and staff multiple times per day.
- We have worked diligently to get early access to testing. We now are able to provide this testing for our residents. Any residents with symptoms will be tested and placed in isolation right away. Employees have the most up to date information regarding community testing.
- Any roommate who resides with a resident who has symptoms and is being tested will also be moved to a separate room and isolated for at least 14 days per CDC guidelines
- You will be notified immediately if your loved one is symptomatic and being tested or being isolated out of caution due to their roommate’s health concern
- Our staff has been trained in the proper use of personal protective equipment and we will strictly limit the number staff that care for infected persons in order to limit or prevent spread of the virus
- Our Medical Director and attending physicians have been informed, as well as the Health Department and state survey agency. We are following their guidance as well as all previous guidance from the CDC and CMS.
- We will continue our strict enforcement of screening and prohibit visitation for everyone’s safety and per government order
Our Resident ambassadors will be making proactive calls to families as often as possible and will be able to share information with you should you have questions.